Thursday 16 March 2017

Poison Lips (DREDD)



I can't believe I've come this far without so much as a mention of one of my fave movies of the last 10 years: Pete Travis and Alex Garland's DREDD. A perfect blend of classic Carpenter and Verhoeven, efficiently packaged in an ultra-violent and meticulously designed hand grenade of sci-fi cool. It's a fantastic film, and I long ago lost count of how many times I've rewatched it.

Vitalic's "Poison Lips" - which plays over the top of the scene in which Judges Dredd and Anderson bust a Slo-Mo den with spectacularly violent results - has become an iconic track for DREDD's fans. These cold, druggy sounds really nail the hopelessness and nihilism of life on the streets and in the towering slums of Mega-City One.











































No comments:

Post a Comment